With the holiday season fastly approaching, we’re all getting ready for the craziness that is this time of year. Not only are the malls busier, but the streets are too. It’s important to stay protected with New Jersey Automobile Insurance, to avoid the Thanksgiving traffic.
According to an article in The Huffington Post, Thanksgiving is the second most dangerous holiday for driving, but here are five tips to keep you safe.
- Never drink and drive. Even if you’ve only had one drink, stay away from the wheel. Alcohol has an impact on your driving ability and it’s not fair to put yourself and others at risk. Have a designated driver ready to go.
- Properly secure yourself and others by fastening your seat belts. This reduces the risk of fatal injuries to passengers in the front seat by 45 percent. It also reduces the risk of moderate-to-critical injuries by 50 percent.
- Check the seat belt before fastening to make sure it’s worn correctly. It should cross over your shoulders and fit across your upper thighs. The belt should never be worn behind your back or across your chest. Make sure children are properly restrained and the seat belt is in the correct spot to avoid injuries.
- If you’re planning on taking a long trip, avoid driving between midnight and 6am. This is considered to be a high-risk situation and cause drowsy driving which can be similar to drunk driving. Plan trips and drive when you have the most energy and focus. If you find yourself getting sleepy, pull over and take a nap or have the passenger drive for you.
- Studies show that parents and grandparents are five times less likely to drink and drive and are more likely to wear their seatbelts correctly. Follow their example to ensure you have a safe and happy holiday season.
About Connell Insurance Agency
At Connell Insurance Agency, we understand that this market is a competitive one and finding low rates for your auto insurance can be difficult. However, we strive to provide every car owner more than one policy quote to fit your budget. We take care of all the work when it comes to reviewing existing plans and customizing a new coverage quote. For more information on our affordable rates, call us today at 888.590.0715.