As homeowners, it’s important to do a quick check on what repairs your home needs. According to an article in Home Inspector, it is imperative that you keep your home up-to-date. By sticking to the “Three R’s” recommended by American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), you’ll be good to go. As you follow the following recommendations, it’s imperative that your home is protected with an iron-clad New Jersey Homeowners Insurance policy.
- Make sure to replace any broken glass or loose caulking. The summer months tend to affect a home the most because of the constant traffic inside and out.
- Check your cord and electrical outlets as they can remain untouched because they are out of sight. Checking the condition of cords and plugs are important.
- Keep in mind that changing or cleaning your air filter for heating and cooling systems must be done every month. Also, check and change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Keep checking the condition of all exterior walls as though are most likely to go unnoticed.
- Check your roof for any damaged or loose shingles. This will help you avoid leaks.
- Make sure to repair any cracks in driveways or walkways.
- Remove debris from gutters to prevent water from backing up and damaging the house.
- Buildup in fireplaces are likely and should be cleaned annually.
- Take a look at your trees and shrubs for overhanging. Remove dead trees and limbs so they don’t cause damage during storms.
At Connell Insurance Agency, we know how important your home is to you and we want to help you protect it. We understand that you want the best coverage for your investment and plan on giving you just that. Not only do we care about ensuring you, but we care about developing great relationships with you. For more information on finding the right homeowner’s insurance plan for you, call us today at 888.590.0715.