If you’re looking to sell your house or just looking for a few updates, increasing your home’s worth is a lot easier than you think. With a bit of planning, there’s no reason to not take extra care of your home. In addition to making these renovations to your home, ensure your investment is protected with a New Jersey Homeowners Insurance policy.
According to an article in HGTV, increasing your home’s value is easier with a few of their steps.
- Make a list of the things you want to get done. The best home remodels require a meticulous and efficient plan. There’s no need to rush a remodel! Categorize this list to see how much it’ll cost and the time it’ll take.
- Make small changes. Manageable goals will help you see your hard work come to fruition! Stick to small upgrades from each list and you’ll see a difference. Take one room at a time. If you have a weekend off, pick the project that takes the least amount of time.
- Keeping your house clean should be a priority. It’s a known fact that a buyer is likely to purchase a place that is cleaner and welcoming. Stay on top of maintenance, de-clutter and wipe your surfaces clean. Make sure your yard and gutters are free of debris.
- Curb appeal is critical. Assess your curb and plan accordingly. Maybe some flowers are all you need or maybe just mow the lawn and clean the hedges.
- Update the kitchen and bathroom. Change the paint, add some color and incorporate stainless steal, eco-friendly appliances. Incorporate granite and marble countertops. Upgrade faucets and ensure each room has ample space.
At Connell Insurance Agency, we know how important your home is to you and we want to help you protect it. We understand that you want the best coverage for your investment and plan on giving you just that. Not only do we care about insuring you, but we care about developing great relationships with you. For more information on finding the right homeowner’s insurance plan for you, call us today at 888.590.0715.